If you are reading this I am already beach bound, I might actually already be sitting on the beach. We are spending our final New Year’s Eve in Mexico the way that we have spent every other New Year’s Eve in Mexico, on the beach in Tulum. This time I am a bit bigger and slower, but I am hoping that won’t be a problem since I don’t plan on moving much anyway. My beach reads are downloaded and the asos maternity swim suit is packed. See you in the new year!
Posts tagged style.
For the first half of our vacation we have returned to Oaxaca to see the Guelaguetza festival [we have tickets for the show this afternoon!] and to do some shopping for things we wish we had bought last time. Other than that, the only thing on the agenda is sleeping in, relaxing and enjoying lots of Oaxacan chocolate. The weather is gorgeous and the city is full of life - just look at this picture from last night. Fingers crossed that the weather holds out for the show this afternoon. Here is what is in my suitcase, in addition to an umbrella and sunscreen, of course.
- I can’t explain why, but I’ve been eyeing this sweatshirt for a while and finally broke down and bought it. Now that it is the rainy season in Mexico I will have plenty of opportunity to wear it, starting now!
- Aren’t these great earrings for travel? They are simple so they go with everything and so inexpensive that if you lose one it’s not the end of the world. I don’t usually travel with a lot of jewelry, but I don’t like to have bare ears so these are perfect.
- A crossbody bag is the only way to go if you are going to be walking around town all day. No more tired crampy back from lugging everything you own in a shoulder bag!
- I always pack a stack of cotton dresses for travel around Mexico, they are cool and comfortable but you don’t look like a total bum. I figured if I love my chambray shirts so much, why not a chambray dress?
- I am obsessed with everything about Mara Hoffman’s Spring/Summer 2012 collection, including these amazing serape shorts. que bonitos!
I figured it was about time for a Spring theme, no? Have you noticed the three things that show up in almost every single one of my style posts?