- I’m seeing more and more Dia de los Muertos stuff in DC this year, like this festive window display at Paper Source in Georgetown. Although I must say, trendy sugar skulls and papel picado are MUCH more expensive in the US than the real deal in Mexico.
- I am such a sucker for cute dog costumes this time of year - look at these amazing bulldog lions!
- Alcohol sales are now banned in Plaza Garibaldi - I read this article in disbelief! I understand the rationale, but I can’t imagine going to Plaza Garibaldi without buying a giant michelada and walking around the square.
- I am headed home to Mexico a day early to avoid the Frankenstorm on the East Coast and to start my preparations for Dia de Lost Muertos. We have everything ready for our altar and I’m really looking forward to setting it up - are you making an altar? What else should I be sure not to miss in Mexico City during Day of the Dead?
- Finally - I voted early in DC this week and it was such a great experience. The poll workers who devote their time to making sure the process is easy and fair are saints and should all get medals. I hope that everyone - whether in the US or an expat abroad - remembers to VOTE!
blog comments powered by Disqus